Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fantasies of a mountain man

Do you remember that time that you said that we would go camping together? I was so glad to finally  go like all the other kids got to.That next day at school I boasted that my dad was taking me camping. My teacher was slightly concerned...

I told them like I told myself. I told them so that I would feel better. Feel something. Pretend.

So that weekend "we" went "camping".

I put up the tent myself. Tents were never your thing.

I collected wood and started the fire. You never were very good at that.

I cooked dinner, I told us a campfire story, I tucked us into bed.

I made sure that 'we' had the best camp out ever.

And that next morning I had to be the one to explain to my angry mother (your wife) and the cops where we had been all night. I don't know why she was crying. I had you to look after me.

We had the best camping trip ever. I just wish that you could have been there to enjoy it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment